Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Texan Author Talks About Her Royal Book Release





I  absolutely love the book title. Tell us about Sugarfoote and the Magic Crown.

Sugarfoote and the Magic Crown is about a little girl who discovers her value and gains self-esteem through the use of a magic crown. This book is meant to motivate little girls to look within themselves and discover the queen that lives in us all.

What inspired the main character of the book?

I was inspired to write Sugarfoote and the Magic Crown because I wanted to have something tangible that projected a positive image for little girls that looked like me in society and in my own family. Often times the media does not portray African Americans in a positive light. I believe as an African American woman it is my responsibility to encourage and promote the beauty that we as a people embody.

How has the book been received in Texas?

I have received positive comments from those who have purchased and read the book. It is always exciting when people appreciate your talent and work.

Do you do anything special at book signings to engage the children?

During my very first book signing for Sugarfoote and the Magic Crown, I did not know what to expect. It occurred at the local library so nothing spectacular happened however I do have another book signing scheduled and I plan to actually read my book to the children and have a princess in costume on hand.

Tell us what marketing or promotion activities have been successful for you.

I use social media. I have accounts with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I have found that the most successful is still word of mouth from those people who have invested in my project and loved it.

Do you have plans to travel outside of Texas to promote your book? When/where?

I am still new to this literary world, however I am still looking for new ways to expand my brand. I eventually want to travel around the country promoting my books. I am currently looking for new opportunities like book fairs and conventions to do just that.

Where can families find your book?

Those interested in my book can currently find it on Createspace at www.createspace.com/7209447

5 comments:

  1. Great interview. I loved writing about your journey to inspire and empower girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what this book is about because I tend to put on my tiara when I need an extra boost of self confidence. I will most definitely be getting this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete